Galway Community Circus is looking for passionate circus tutors to join our team and help us deliver a growing number of exciting youth and social circus projects in 2022.
We are looking for practitioners across all circus disciplines who have experience in teaching, particularly in youth and/or social settings, who are based in Galway or its surrounding counties.
About the role
As a Galway Community Circus Associate Tutor, you will help to deliver our aims and share our values throughout your work, connecting with people and communities. You will help to deliver some of our key programmes including our annual youth circus programme and social circus outreach and education programmes, in partnership with youth and community organisations, and schools.
Galway Community Circus will appoint a team of Associate Circus Tutors who will be contracted to a project or function within the company via a contract for service. Successful candidates will be offered work on an ‘as-and-when’ basis, depending on your availability and the activities of the organisation. A variety of contracts will be available, including hourly, monthly, or individual project contracts.
We would be interested to hear from anyone who can demonstrate the necessary interest, skills, knowledge or experience as per the requirements detailed below. We encourage applications from individuals from varied and diverse backgrounds and experience.
The ideal person(s) to join our team of Associate Circus Tutors will have:
- Evidence of a strong belief in and enthusiasm for empowering, supporting and connecting people through circus arts participation
- Evidence of a minimum of two years relevant or transferable experience (facilitating circus participation programmes, or youth/arts participation programmes in another relevant field)
- Ability to work and connect with young people and experience in successfully delivering youth-focused engagement processes
- Ability to plan, organise, work independently and meet deadlines, with flexibility around working hours
- Experience working within marginalized communities, and in inclusive practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An understanding of the work of Galway Community Circus and its ambitions
- Commitment to anti-racism, inter-culturalism and working within an equality framework
Appointment begins on 1st March 2021 after participation in paid induction days (dates to be agreed with successful candidates) and completion of garda vetting.
Individual projects will be offered based on skills and experience. Project offers will include a complete written brief and fee offer relevant to the project. Associate Tutors may receive project offers that are full-time or part-time for a given period, and they may be short-term or long-term in duration. Associate Tutors have the right to accept or decline project offers as they arise.
No contract will be issued without proof of tax clearance. The award of a Contract for Service for any project does not confer exclusivity.
How to apply
Applications are invited from applicants who meet the role requirements detailed in the full role specification. Applications must include the following 2 items :
- CV (including the names and contact details of two referees who will only be contacted if a contract for service is offered)
- A letter (no more than 2 pages) citing how your specific skills, knowledge and previous experience relate to this role specification and requirements, and outlining why you would like to work with Galway Community Circus
Completed applications should be sent by email only to email@example.com with “Associate Circus Tutor Application” in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is 13th December 2021.
Applications received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
We specifically welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!